5 Best Conference Call Services For 2021
Today, staying connected means using conference call services that provide audio, video, and collaboration capabilities. Conferencing systems offer an array of features and tools, such as document sharing or switching devices mid-call. We reviewed the top platforms and chose five that stand out for user-friendly and feature-rich services while better serving various business use cases.
Our choices for the best conference call services for 2021 are:
* RingCentral: Best overall for companies wanting an all-in-one audio and video conferencing solution
* Cisco Webex: Great for companies with remote workforces requiring interactive meeting tools
* GoToMeeting: Best value for businesses needing advanced conferencing features, like meeting transcription and a smart assistant
* Vast Conference: Best for businesses wanting to host international conference calls
* ClickMeeting: Ideal for organizations looking for conferencing systems with a focus on training and onboarding functionality
How We Evaluated Conference Call Services
A business conferencing solution should make it easy for clients or employees to call in or join by video to participate in your conference. Audio and video solutions also support file and screen sharing, team messaging, and can replace your existing business phone system. We examined conference call services to uncover the best options for small businesses.
With a score of 4.84 out of 5, RingCentral offers the best conference call services. It features a voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) system with communication and collaboration tools and allows companies to host video or audio calls with hundreds of participants. The secure platform can replace your existing phone system and help you deliver your conference message internationally.
Click on the tabs below to see how we evaluated the best conference call services:
25% of Overall Score
We reviewed all tiered pricing plans while factoring in the availability of free solutions or cheaper annual pricing.
25% of Overall Score
We examined must-have features like video calling and mobile apps. Additionally, we checked for security features, call controls, and participant numbers.
25% of Overall Score
We assessed conferencing call services for software integrations, international dial-in numbers, and call recording. Plus, we considered the range of customer service options.
25% of Overall Score
We based our expert score on overall feature quality and value while accounting for ease of use and popularity.
*Percentages of overall score
Best Overall All-in-One Phone & Conferencing Service
* Public and private chats available during conference calls
* Integrations with Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and Zoho
* On-demand and automatic call recording options
* Need to use Glip for RingCentral to host video conferences on the Essentials plan
* It can get pricey for larger teams
* There’s a learning curve for advanced phone setup
RATING CRITERIA Pricing 5.00 OUT OF 5 General Features 5.00 OUT OF 5 Advanced Features 4.69 OUT OF 5 Expert Score 4.69 OUT OF 5 RingCentral is a voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) phone system with video and audio conferencing technologies. People can join via an internet browser, switch between devices during a call, and access password-secured conferences. It supports up to 1,000 audio callers or up to 200 video participants, depending on your plan. Monthly packages start at $19.99 per user, per month on an annual basis. On top of that, it also comes with a complete set of VoIP phone features like toll-free numbers and text messaging. For companies wanting one system to handle voice and video calls, RingCentral is an excellent option.
* Essentials: $19.99 per user, per month for unlimited calls, text, and team messaging, document sharing, auto-attendant, and audio conference call services
* Standard: $24.99 per user, per month for video meetings with up to 100 participants, multilevel auto-attendant, and on-demand call recording
* Premium: $34.99 per user, per month for video meetings with up to 200 participants, single sign-on (SSO) security, and automatic call recording
* Ultimate: $49.99 per user, per month to store an unlimited amount of recordings, documents, and presentations while monitoring devices
*Pricing is based on two to 20 users with an annual payment. Monthly plans are available at a higher cost.
* International numbers: With RingCentral, you can host or join conferences across more than 40 countries, such as Germany, China, Mexico, U.K., and Japan.
* Host and security tools: RingCentral provides optional password protection. Upper-tier plans feature single sign-on (SSO) so employees can log in with company credentials. During the call, the host can get a caller count, record a conference, or mute a caller.
* Mobility: With RingCentral, users can join by a web browser, desk phone, or mobile app on iOS and Android devices. Plus, you can turn an audio call into a video call or switch between devices during a conference. RingCentral Glip also provides a free conference call service for video, perfect for teams on the go.
Decide if RingCentral is a good fit for your business by visiting our RingCentral review page.
Best for Remote Team Collaboration & Engagement
* Free plan for up to 100 participants
* VoIP calling features
* Raise-hand and polling
* Extra fee for call-me feature
* Limited customer support on free and Starter plans
* Cloud storage has limits
RATING CRITERIA Pricing 4.00 OUT OF 5 General Features 5.00 OUT OF 5 Advanced Features 4.69 OUT OF 5 Expert Score 4.38 OUT OF 5 Cisco Webex offers web conferencing, VoIP, and collaboration tools, allowing businesses to host meetings and get work done, together, online. You can have up to 200 conference attendees connected via video or audio, including international teams in 57 countries. The free plan provides plenty of features, except participants can’t dial into your conference; they must connect by a computer or any internet-connected device. Paid plans start at $13.50 per host, per month when paid annually. Cisco Webex’s team engagement and collaboration features, along with its heavy-duty conferencing solution, make it a great option for remote workforces.
Cisco Webex Pricing*
* Free: It’s free for one user, up to 50 minutes per conference and 100 participants, screen sharing, and recordings
* Starter: $13.50 per host, per month for one to 50 users, up to 150 conference attendees, and 5GB of cloud storage
* Business: $26.95 per host, per month for one to 100 users, up to 200 conference participants, and 10GB of cloud storage
* Enterprise: Custom plans available for additional users, participants, cloud storage, and a toll-free dial-in conference number
*All plans are based on annual payment, but monthly plans are available.
Cisco Webex Features
* Engagement: Webex stands out for its conference call engagement features, including in-meeting gestures, like a thumbs-up, raise a hand, polling, breakout sessions, chat, and notes.
* Host controls: The host can lock meeting rooms, pass the presenter controls, and even send notifications if someone is trying to speak on mute.
* Cloud collaboration: Get work done in the cloud using screen-sharing tools, interactive whiteboarding, and file-sharing while integrating with your favorite software, such as Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, Calendars, and Slack.
Best User-friendly & Budget-friendly Solution
* Free 14-day trial, no credit card needed
* Extra security features
* Affordable plans
* No poll feature for meetings
* You can’t replace your business phone system
* No free plan
RATING CRITERIA Pricing 3.00 OUT OF 5 General Features 4.20 OUT OF 5 Advanced Features 5.00 OUT OF 5 Expert Score 5.00 OUT OF 5 GoToMeeting is a web conferencing tool that lets participants dial in using a phone or via an internet connection on any device. It can host up to 150 to 3,000 participants with plans starting at $12 per organizer, per month when paid annually. All tiers provide SSO and risk-based authentication, which scans for unknown remote users. GoToMeeting includes everything you need for audio or video conferences for businesses wanting an inexpensive way to connect with clients and employees.